What We Do
Research Compliance Services works with the University community to provide a variety of services related to research integrity and compliance:
- Research Compliance Services supports the Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects (CPHS), which serves as the University of Oregon's Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Research Compliance Services coordinates the translation of new legislation and regulatory requirements into compliant University policies and procedures.
- Research Compliance Services reviews individual disclosures of potential conflicts of interest in research and assists in the management or elimination of those conflicts.
- Research Compliance Services facilitates 'responsible conduct of research' training and education that provides a basic understanding of research compliance and integrity issues.
- Research Compliance Services serves as inquiry lead regarding alleged research misconduct and any violation of the regulations, policies and guidelines that govern research misconduct, supporting the University's Research Integrity Officer.
- Research Compliance Services supports the University's Institutional Official for human and animal subject research, as well as research activities monitored by the Radiation Safety Committee, Lab Safety Committee, Institutional Biosafety Committee and Laser Safety Committee. Support for these safety committees is provided by the Office of Environmental Health and Safety.
- Research Compliance Services facilitates emergency management planning and response for research units and facilities with the UO Emergency Management Program.
- ORCR provides compliance support and oversight to Animal Care Services (formerly known as the Office of Veterinary Services and Animal Care).