Please use the most current application available on the forms page. Because federal regulations change frequently, the office assesses these applications on a yearly basis and makes changes as needed. Each year in January you will be notified of new application changes.
Research Compliance Services does not require paper applications to be submitted. Applications may be signed using an electronic signature, or a scanned written signature.
Where to start?
- If you are unsure if your project requires assessment, email Research Compliance Services with a brief description. An IRB Analyst will detemine if the project needs assessment.
- If your project requires assessment, it may be exempt from IRB review. Only Research Comliance Services may make this determination. Regulations do not allow investigators to make this determination. To request an exemption, complete the Exemption Application. Submit the complete application to RCS as an attachment to .
- If your project requires IRB review, submit the IRB Application (for either full board or expedited review). Submit the complete application to RCS as an attachment to ResearchCompliance@uoregon.edu.
All applications (except the Research Determination Worksheet) require the following:
- A complete application.
- Research Plan (Guidelines for Research Plan - PDF)
- All research documents (consent forms if applicable, recruitment instruments, data collection instruments, advertisements, letters of introduction, HIPAA or other privacy authorization, if applicable).
- Permission to conduct research at proposed sites.
- CITI certificates for all research personnel.
- Additional attachment forms as needed:
- For funded research only, attach this form: Attachment A—Funding Information.
- For human subjects research conducted online, attach this form: Attachment B—Human Subjects Research Conducted Online
Submit the complete application to RCS as an attachment at ResearchCompliance@uoregon.edu. The application must be signed either electronically or by using a scanned hand-written signature.